Supporting families in business
The John Abbass Sr. Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in the memory of John Abbass Sr. by Family Business Atlantic. This annual $3,000 scholarship is awarded to children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews of Family Business Atlantic members, or family business owners in Nova Scotia, and helps promote post-secondary business education pursuits. Applications are reviewed by the Family Business Atlantic Scholarship Committee with the award disbursed directly to the successful candidate’s post-secondary institution.
- Must be a resident of Nova Scotia (may be attending a post-secondary institution outside of NS).
- Be taking their first post-secondary educational pursuit.
- Degree should have a business focus or be related to a family business.
- Achieved a grade point average of 80%.
- Preferably have a family business background, interest in becoming involved in their family business, or pursing their own business interests.
- Candidates must be applying for the first time – only one submission per applicant is permitted.
Deadline: March 31 @ 5pm
Email PDF application to:
Mail printed application to:
Family Business Atlantic
65 Celtic Drive
Dartmouth, NS B2Y 3G5