Safe, inclusive, stronger together
The Halifax Regional Police Foundation (HRPF) was established in 2017 with the goal of providing ancillary funding for crime prevention and support initiatives for communities served by Halifax Regional Police (HRP). Aligned with HRP’s 10-year strategic plan and informed by Halifax Regional Municipality’s Public Safety Strategy, HRPF’s areas of focus are supporting youth and encouraging innovation in support of safer, stronger and more inclusive communities.
Funds from HRPF will be used to support essential community-based programs and projects focused on youth, such as the purchase of electronic equipment for after-school community programming, sports equipment, and other supplies to enhance existing or upcoming programs. Support will not be provided for sponsorships of community groups, but for specific initiatives, programs, and purchases.
Mission: Encourage positive change through enhanced community supports for safer, stronger and more inclusive communities.
Vision: To be a recognized charitable organization dedicated to enhancing safety and inclusion through meaningful partnerships and investments in youth and community capacity building.
Our strategic priorities
- Empowering Youth: We support community-based initiatives to prevent children and youth from engaging in criminal activity and supporting them in leading productive lives. We will achieve this through programs focused on early intervention and prevention as well as on root causes of crime and inequity.
- Inclusion and Collaborative Impact: We invest in select initiatives to augment collaborative impact and intentional community building for safer, healthier and more productive communities.
- Thought-Leadership: We support and celebrate forward-looking initiatives, excellence and innovation to help develop social capital in our communities, and aim to address gaps in supports based on an evidence-based examination.
Our core values
- Integrity: Conduct the business of the Foundation with utmost accountability, honesty and integrity.
- Inclusion: Continuously demonstrate commitment to promoting diversity of thought, actions, and backgrounds.
- Focus: Target efforts for focused action and measurable results consistent with the strategic purpose.
- Stewardship: Provide robust stewardship to the Foundation’s work in support of both its long and short-term goals as well as to ensure long-term sustainability and impact.
- Collaboration: Leverage collective knowledge, community partnerships, expertise, and resources for the best outcomes.